Aspen, CO – Bridge
The Sheely Bridge, originally build in 1911 and called the Carbondale Bridge, is a historic steel truss bridge that spans the Roaring Fork River. The bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Dedicated in 1986, the bridge is now called the Ron Krajian Bridge.
More information about the bridge can be found at:
National Park Service – National Register of Historic Places – Sheely Bridge
Wikipedia – Sheely Bridge
A locally important roadway crossing of the Roaring Fork River – one of several between Glenwood Springs and Aspen, the Carbondale Bridge is significant as the earliest remaining riveted Pratt through truss and one of the earliest riveted trusses in Colorado and as one of few bridges left that was erected by Sheely, an important early bridge contractor. Moved, repaired and used as a pedestrian span, it is perhaps the most successful recent adaptive reuse in the survey.”