Connects: Independence Pass Road (HWY 82), East of Aspen Trail, North Star Bridge, North Bridge Trail, Viewing Platform, Ranch Gate Trail, North Star Beach, South Trail, James H. Smith North Star Open Space, North Star Loop (Winter)
Aspen, CO – Nature Preserve
The North Star Nature Preserve is a 245-acre preserve located just east of Aspen where the Roaring Fork River flows in a flat stretch. The river corridor and the adjoining meadows and wetlands offer a significant wildlife habitat. This is a popular spot for recreation near Aspen, CO.
News about the nature preserve can be found at:
Aspen Daily News (June 6, 2017) – More regulation of North Star arises
More information about the nature preserve can be found at:
The Nature Conservancy – North Star Nature Preserve
Pitkin County Open Space and Trails – North Star Nature Preserve
North Star Nature Preserve Map
To insure the tranquillity and enjoyment of this special place for everyone, please observe these regulations.
1. Enter at gates only / stay on established trails.
2. Access not allowed to opposite side of river.
3. Fishing, hunting, camping and fires prohibited.
4. No mechanized activity or recorded music.
5. Dogs / pets restricted to East of Aspen Trail. Dogs are prohibited in the preserve.
6. Special events and picnic-ing prohibited.
7. Commercial activity restricted.
8. Bicycles not allowed on preserve.”