Connects: Cattle Creek Road (CR 113), Red Canyon Road (CR 115), Fisher Cemetery Road (CR 62), Fisher Cemetery
Carbondale, CO – Medium – Distance Varies – Hike, Run, Mountain Bike, Horseback Ride, Dog Friendly – Dirt
Carbondale, CO – Medium – Distance Varies – Snowshoe – Snow
The Fisher Creek area, or Haff Pasture, is a Special Management Area with numerous routes and trails near Carbondale and Glenwood Springs, CO. This area has a seasonal closure from December 1 to April 30 to all activities and animals, with the exception of hiking. The area offers views of both the Crystal River Valley and Roaring Fork Valley.
More information about Fisher Creek can be found at:
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) – Fisher Creek Area (Haff Pasture)
This Area includes about 1,040 acres of land acquired by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) from the Crystal River Ranch Company through a land exchange in July, 1995. The area neighbors other public lands along Cattle Creek, and will help protect important deer and elk habitat and other open space values. The property is open to public recreational use under Special Management Area restrictions to protect wildlife habitat. Uses and activities allowed include non-motor-ized activities such as camping, picnicking, hiking, horseback riding, mountain bicycling and hunting. Access to the area is available from County Road 115 and County Road 113.
Special Management Area Use Restrictions
- All motorized vehicle use is prohibited year round, including snowmobiles, except on the Fisher Creek Cemetery Road.
- Non-motorized mechanized vehicle use, including mountain bicycles, is
allowed on existing trails ONLY! Use is prohibited from December 1 to April 30.
- Cross Country skiing is prohibited.
- Dogs are not allowed in the area during the winter months from December 1 to April 30.
- Camping along the Fisher Cemetery Road and within 200 ft. from water sources is prohibited.
Note: Other public lands outside of the Fisher Creek Area are subject to general rules for public land, and are not subject to the Special Management Area use restrictions.
Visitor Use Ethics
- Keep Area Clean, pack out all trash and litter.
- Use Self Contained Toilets, or bury human waste a least 200 ft. away from recreation sites, roads, trails and all water sources.
- Camp Away From Water Sources and avoid blocking roads or trails
- Campfire Must be Extinguished before leaving it unattended. Build fire on stove, grill, fireplace or ring in an area free of flammable materials to prevent its escape.
- Shooting Firearms or any other weapon across or within 50 feet of a public road is prohibited.
- Respect The Land and the rights of other visitors.
- Stay on Public Land, private land is not open to public use without the landowner’s permission.”
BLM – Fisher Creek Area (Haff Pasture) Trail Map
Winter Wildlife Closure Dec 1 through Apr 15.