Carbondale, CO – Medium – 2 Miles – Hike, Run, Climb, Dog Friendly – Dirt
Thompson Creek Trail is an intermediate/moderate trail you can hike, run, and climb that is dog friendly. Thompson Creek is an Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC). This is 2 mile a dirt trail near Carbondale, CO.
Trailhead to Thompson Creek Climbing Area – 0.9 Miles
Carbondale, CO – Medium – 2 Miles – Snowshoe, Dog Friendly – Snow
Thompson Creek Trail is an intermediate/moderate trail you can snowshoe that is dog friendly. Thompson Creek is an Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC). This is 2 mile trail near Carbondale, CO.
More information about Thompson Creek Trail can be found at:
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) – Thompson Creek Extensive Recreation Management Area Map
- Try to keep your group size small (3-6 people).
- Travel only by foot. While the trail is 2 miles long, several hundred yards involve wading through the creek which can be dangerous or impassable. There is no public access/exit on the east end.
- Camp at least 150 feet from the creek.
- Practice “Leave No Trace” and pack out what you pack in.
- No motorized uses are allowed except on approved routes.
- Be careful with fire. Completely extinguish campfires before leaving. Build campfires in areas free of flammable materials to prevent wildfire. Use only dead and down fuels. No firewood cutting allowed.
- Please treat this area as you would any other primitive or wilderness area.